Monday, January 21, 2008

The King and I

I don’t know exactly when it started. Maybe I found myself lingering over a 20 Baht note a little too lovingly. But suddenly I realized it … I have a crush on the King. There is something so vulnerable about him with his glasses and his shyness. And the reverse side of the 1,000 baht note where he is wearing the camera … it just makes me swoon.

But then I realized that I am not alone. Everyone loves the King. And, of course his image is everywhere. Every shop has a calendar with his picture. And if you ask people if you can take a picture of THEIR picture of the king they are THRILLED. SO I got all sorts of pictures.

The king when he was a monk

...and shall you be my new romance ... On the clear understanding that this kind of thing can happen ....

No comments: